Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Blog: Now With Pictures!


So I finally got around to taking some pictures of my projects for the last couple of weeks. Yes, I'm a slacker.

First of all: I really did make the aforementioned coffee cup cozy! (Well, without the handle.) I used #5 DPNs and Cascade 220, cast on 44 stitches, did 2x2 ribbing for about 3 1/2 inches (people with medium/large hands may want to go to 4 or 4 1/2 inches long), and casted off in ribbing (instead of in knit), which helped keep it from stretching until the cup slips out of the bottom. It fits perfectly on a 20 ounce cappucino cup:




After that, I decided it was sock time. I found a basic pattern somewhere (I can probably find the pattern if someone's dying for it, but it really was very basic) and set off into Sockland:


It needed about an inch more ribbing and an inch more in the foot length. I should have frogged it and reused the yarn, but I bound off and wove in the ends. I want to keep it for a while. When I'm better at socks, I'll pull this one out and laugh, laugh, laugh.


I made a couple of Mason-Dixon Ballband Dishcloths for a momfriend having a birthday. We put them in a pink bag with some pink soap, a pink candle, and a card with a pink flower on the front. Good thing she likes pink:



And then I may have gone crazy making dishcloths out of variegated cotton:


Don't know about you guys, but the one on bottom is starting to make my eyes bleed.


You can see how all of this picture-taking madness affected the other cat:


(Answer: not one bit.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! Cute sock :D And dishcloths - I'm jealous of all these ball band cloths I'm seeing!