Friday, June 29, 2007

Yes, I'm still here.


And yes, I'm still knitting. That blue patterned yarn from Joanne did indeed make the CUTEST ROLL-BRIM BABY HAT EVER. And I got gauge on this hat before I started. My first gauge ever! (Five stitches to the inch on size 6s with worsted weight yarn. I feel so grown-up! Almost like a Real Knitter!) So I'm sure it will fit the cousinlet, which is more than I can say for my last attempt. More on The Tale of Two Hats later, with pictures.)

I should be cutting back on knitting for the time being, though... I should be packing. Why? Because I'm getting married by the end of the month. (Squeeeeee! Also, finally!) Do I know the exact date? Ha, no. It's going to be a tiny last-minute thing at the Justice of the Peace's office, with a couple of friends as witnesses, after we've gotten almost everything moved into the new place.

But I can't put down the needles altogether. Knitting's keeping me sane. And I found the cutest yarn in the clearance basket the other day that was screaming to be a scarf...

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you both. Enjoy the special time together, life sometimes gets in the way!
I wish you happiness always, Joanne

SissySees said...

The end of the month? As in, you're married NOW?! Congrats! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Shannon said...

Oh, man, I thought it was July when I was posting. :D It should be near the end of July if all goes well, fingers crossed, and all that.
:) :) :)